Thursday, January 8, 2009

The SongDoor is Closed

Another contest heard from.

Songdoor.com
has posted Finalists and while I didn’t make the top five in any category, I did rate three Honorable Mentions.

In Pop, Jordan Peterson and I were recognized for “Atlantic City”

In Alt, Jim Chapman and I got noted for “Alice’s Locket” (which really pleases me as it was the first song I collaborated on at the Muses’ Muse)

And in Singer/Songwriter, Ian Ferrin and I were tapped for “Vespers”

I was told that “Vespers” came within a whisker of making the finals, but the judging was blind and we just missed.

Congratulations are due, I think, to Anthony Snape, who has a number of songs in the Finals and more as Honorable Mentions. I sent him a note on MySpace and good luck to him when they announce the winners later this month.

No comments: